Hi kawaii + creative family, old and new!
I am Imani (イマーニ) K. Brown, tattoo artist/ illustrator. I am a creative, a dreamer & a go getter. I am also a girl boss. Read more a
Welcome to my personal kawaii space on the internet.
GAMBARE ipukekawaii is my personal blog with a mix of things from my personal kawaii equation, tattoos/ art + Japanese culture = myKawaii
Business and brand wise, I am on a mission to create a kawaii culture hub. I also want to build my personal brand from here to Japan!
So, I’m getting organised and blossoming into a colourful and kawaii creative.
Stop by and check out my tattoos & art!
I hope you’ll join me for the ride with all of the up’s and downs. But more importantly, for the growth!
This blog WILL be super photo heavy! But I promise to do my best to keep it fun, creative, and informative.
Also, I am a naturally helpful person and love sharing. So I hope something shared here will encourage and inspire you!
Finally, my home is your home! So get comfortable and enjoy!
Love what you’re reading?! Subscribe, comment + share ~
💖🎀✨Who Are You, ms. ipukekawaii?!
Online, I am better known as ipukekawaii.
As a tattoo artist and illustrator I use blogging as a way to open up and connect with the rest of the world. I won’t bore you with a lot of basic information about myself … I just want to tell you about my namesake. ^^
For all my professional logistics, please visit my here ~
ipuke Kawaii (my namesake)
commonly written ipukekawaii
Some time ago, in a Facebook group Sharing & Caring with Cute B(V)logs, a community friend shared concern that my online name may trigger emetophobia (the fear of things pertaining to vomit).
So I wanted to take a moment and share and assure visitors here that you will not experience vomit (as you know it) around these parts. Please don’t worry! ^^
My namesake is a combination of kind reminders as I continue self improvement. It’s a mix of an inside joke while in e.d. (eating disorder) recovery mode and a celebration of becoming more expressive as a creative, allowing my tattoo lifestyle to explode in pink and 24/7 cuteness … HELLO Kawaii life! <3
The name, ipukekawaii is my personal growth reminder. ^^
Let me elaborate ~
- Eating Disorder, my name started as an inside joke among recovering friends 😀 Purging
isa part of my life. Close friends and I started making light some of our cornier habits (my habit includesa high sugar intake of cute sweets) to better accept them and start healing. It made me feel less ashamed and more open to exploring ways to keep on track. <3 Here’s a list of other things I am actively working through and how I cope, if interested.
- Tattoo Life Meets Kawaii Culture, I think the less sweets I ate (due to recovery) the more it transferred to my work wardrobe choices – I don’t know when it started happening, but my tattoo and kawaii lifestyles starting merging themselves. Occasionally I would come to work in a LOT of pink, some random J-fashion, especially Lolita, or even as a weeb (and I
wasam ok with that)! The boys started saying that I was eating too many sweets and it was showing. LOL I can imagine the shock when a girl who usually dresses in leggings and a tee, started showing up in pink poofy dresses and lace. 😀
- Growth Reminder, I always strive to be a better Imani than the day before. So my namesake is a constant reminder of my personal growth. I have not always lived a kawaii lifestyle, I have not always been kind and patient. I am working on it, daily. My rage, impatience, sassiness (among some other things) are the things I want to change, heal, or reprogram within myself, hopefully making me a better Imani K. Brown. My attitude does not always ideal of someone who is “kawaii” but I strive, daily.
… and that’s pretty much it! It’s very nice to meet you! ^^
My blog is named Gambare iPukekawaii.
Gambare (がんばれ→ ga・n・ba・ray) means do your best/give it your best.
It’s an interjection word of encouragement and to wish good fortune.
I shout GAMBARE a lot to encourage fellow dreamers, creatives, and go getters. I am all about paying things forward and kawaii empowerment. And I also LOVE fortunes. So it felt right. ^.~
Here’s a snippet of the things I hope to improve and why I hope to keep up with blogging ~
- organization – my on-line, especially, are a mess! My art, thoughts, and things are as scattered as my creative thoughts. >.< I would like to give those things a space under one platform (Please check out my recent start with my monthly organisation shares. Feel free to tell me how I’m doing)
- communication – I would like to become more confident in talking about my art & things. I think it’d help for a better overall presentation of both my art and myself.
- empowerment – not just self empowerment, but I hope that my shares encourage and inspire others to do more dreaming, creativity, and chasing goals among other positive things. <3
And here I am!
I am currently spending most of my time
- refining my #INKPLAY tattoo & illustration skills
- sharing my #dctoJapan experiences while brand building
- organising my dream creative atelier and DC’s cute culture hub, Little INKPLAY Shop YOKOSO!
- strengthening DC’s kawaii community with friends & clocking かわいい achievements
- learning Japanese …
- & finding inspo & empowerment in some of life’s smaller details
Share the love and subscribe, comment + share ~
Let’s keep in Touch!