💖🎀✨ Who Are You, ms. ipukekawaii?!Kon’nichiwa! Online, I am better known as ipukekawaii. As a tattoo artist and illustrator I use blogging as a way to open up and connect with the rest of the world. I won’t bore you with a lot of basic information about myself … I just want to tell you about my namesake and assure of some things. ^^ For all the logistics, please feel free to visit my about section and read more, if you’d like. ^^
iPuke Kawaii (my namesake)
commonly written ipukekawaii | sometimes written iPukeかわいい
note: you can search me on the interwebs by my hashtag #ipukekawaii | if it gives you positive vibes, let’s be friends!Some time ago, in a Facebook group Sharing & Caring with Cute B(V)logs, a community friend shared concern that my online name may trigger emetophobia (the fear of things pertaining to vomit). So I wanted to take a moment and share and assure visitors here that you will not experience vomit (as you know it) around these parts. Please don’t worry! ^^ My namesake is a combination of kind reminders as I continue self improvement. It’s a mix of an inside joke while in e.d. (eating disorder) recovery mode and a celebration of becoming more expressive as a creative, allowing my tattoo lifestyle to explode in pink and 24/7 cuteness … HELLO Kawaii life! <3 The name, ipukekawaii is my personal growth reminder. ^^ Let me elaborate ~
- Eating Disorder, my name started as an inside joke among recovering friends 😀 Purging
isa part of my life. Close friends and I started making light some of our cornier habits (my habit includesa high sugar intake of cute sweets) to better accept them and start healing. It made me feel less ashamed and more open to exploring ways to keep on track. <3 Here’s a list of other things I am actively working through and how I cope, if interested.
- Tattoo Life Meets Kawaii Culture, I think the less sweets I ate (due to recovery) the more it transferred to my work wardrobe choices – I don’t know when it started happening, but my tattoo and kawaii lifestyles starting merging themselves. Occasionally I would come to work in a LOT of pink, some random J-fashion, especially Lolita, or even as a weeb (and I
wasam ok with that)! The boys started saying that I was eating too many sweets and it was showing. LOL I can imagine the shock when a girl who usually dresses in leggings and a tee, started showing up in pink poofy dresses and lace. 😀
- Growth Reminder, I always strive to be a better Imani than the day before. So my namesake is a constant reminder of my personal growth. I have not always lived a kawaii lifestyle, I have not always been kind and patient. I am working on it, daily. My rage, impatience, sassiness (among some other things) are the things I want to change, heal, or reprogram within myself, hopefully making me a better Imani K. Brown. My attitude does not always ideal of someone who is “kawaii” but I strive, daily.
… and that’s pretty much it! It’s very nice to meet you! ^^
💖🎀✨ GAMBARE iPuke Kawaii | the blogMy blog is named Gambare iPukekawaii. Weird right?! Nope! It’s not. It’s Japanese and if you don’t speak Japanese I don’t expect you to know Gambare. But hopefully you’ll learn its sentiments during your stay here. Gambare (がんばれ→ ga・n・ba・ray) means do your best/give it your best. It’s an interjection word of encouragement and to wish good fortune. I shout GAMBARE a lot to encourage fellow dreamers, creatives, and go getters. I am all about paying things forward and kawaii empowerment. And I also LOVE fortunes. So it felt right. ^.~ And now … I’m suiting up! Here’s a snippet of the things I hope to improve and why I hope to keep up with blogging ~
- organization – my on-line, especially, are a mess! My art, thoughts, and things are as scattered as my creative thoughts. >.< I would like to give those things a space under one platform (Please check out my recent start with my monthly organisation shares. Feel free to tell me how I’m doing)
- communication – I would like to become more confident in talking about my art & things. I think it’d help for a better overall presentation of both my art and myself.
- empowerment – not just self empowerment, but I hope that my shares encourage and inspire others to do more dreaming, creativity, and chasing goals among other positive things. <3
I am currently spending most of my time
- refining my #INKPLAY tattoo & illustration skills
- sharing my #dctoJapan experiences while brand building
- organising my dream creative atelier and DC’s cute culture hub, Little INKPLAY Shop YOKOSO!
- strengthening DC’s kawaii community with friends & clocking かわいい achievements
- learning Japanese …
- & finding inspo & empowerment in some of life’s smaller details
- In the future, there lots of kokeshi, manekineko, & daruma photo bombs. I am semi obsessed! (Don’t worry! I’ll explain later ~)
- I share my fandoms on Fridays so peep my cool kawaii otaku ishhhhh & let’s trade geek out together! 👯
Let’s Get SocialBefore you the shameless plug of “Follow me” I want to invite you to engage. Feel free to ask me things, respond, & react! I welcome all interaction, will answer ALL questions, and happy to respond to every comment. I just ask that it be kind and respectful. That said … let’s get to know each other!
Feel free to follow my blog on Bloglovin’ & for my Japanese homies, please remember that for my space, Nihongo OK! I welcome it <3
I hope you enjoy your stay and always remember to paint your day bright! Gambare~♡
Yoroshiku onegaishimasu, ~ipukeかわいい
Tweet to let me know if you’ll be reading ~